Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

Past few weeks around the opening of my vagina has felt

Customer Question

For the past few weeks around the opening of my vagina has felt irritated and almost a bit swollen. It's a very uncomfortable feeling. I don't have burning during urination, abnormal discharge or an odor. Everything appear h normal to me. I'm not thinking
STD because my husband and I have been married five years and he is deployed most of the year. When he is home we use condoms for birth control. Does this sound serious and can it be treated in urgent care before I get to my obg/yn?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A few questions first to clarify your concern:

1. Have you taken any medications recently, i.e. about 1-2 weeks prior to the start of these symptoms? name & dose

2. Have you experienced these symptoms before? if so how long ago?

3. When was the last time you were screened for diabetes (DM)? Any family history of DM?

4. When was the last time you were check for STDs?