Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have a rash or little pimple type on mt Vulva. It had been

Customer Question

I have a rash or little pimple type on mt Vulva. It had been treated with Pencilian a couple A couple years of years ago. Cleared up. No reason for why it appeared or any recommendation to how to prevent it. It is back. It is very itchy. Thinking of going to a new Gyn. Do yor have any thoughts on the subject? I'm a78 yr old widow. No sex life for 3-4 years, but am any giving consideration. I have an annual appt inNovember. Should I wait till then?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certifieid Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you today.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble on your vulva. It would be most helpful to have an image of the area. Are you able to take a photo and attach it using the paperclip icon on your screen?

The area does really need to be seen in order to come up with some idea of what is going on and how best to help.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Any questions?

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If you're not able to upload a photo, the first thing to try is an over the counter hydrocortisone cream. If that helps the itching at least some, it's likely a skin condition, perhaps lichen sclerosis. This is a fairly common skin condition that causes itching in older women. The itching is often worse at night and can get very intense. The condition can also cause patches of white tissue or painful tissue splits in the labial folds at times.

Any questions?