DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My doctor died two weeks ago. He had me on 150 per month

Customer Question

My doctor died two weeks ago. He had me on 150 per month compounded 1800mcg of fentynl. I have to find a new doctor but I am going to get into big withdrawals I a sure before that happens. I certainley don't wont to do anything against the law but is their any legal help here. Already have new doc in place but looking at two to three waiting period. What can I do.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The only legal way to get this is to see a doctor in person.

Also when a doctor dies, there is usually coverage of that doctors patients, by a partner or other colleage. Check into that.

If not, the call the health department, find a walk in clinic, tell them the situation.

If you get to the point of withdrawals, the ER will have to help you.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help . I was just afraid that is what it was going to be.i just have hell to go threw until I can get to another doc. I have chronic cluster headaches and and have been threw blocks ,headache speasilist ,mayo clinic . Every preventive med made ,neur guys and headache speck specialist KNOWN IN Y
THE US. LOST
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if there is another question you are asking here.

Please let me know.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.