Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Owen. Im in gcc right now. I had unprotected sex two days

Customer Question

Hi dr owen. Im in gcc right now. I had unprotected sex two days ago. And im really worried i could get pregnant. I took two pills of diane 35 today. Will this help? As i am really bothered because i'm feeling something's wrong with my tummy after ee had sex two days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

What is gcc?

When did your last period start?

Do you live in the US? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My last period started aug 17 and ended aug20. I am now in qatar and is really bothered because i had unprotected sex last aug26. Today i was feeling weird in my tummy and feeling bloated and i felt like vomiting. I feel heavy in my tummy that's why i took two pills of diane35, im bothered is there a possibility i can be pregnant. How can i get rid of this pregnancy? Also the intercourse that happened was my first experience. There was a bleeding that time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GCC is gulf cooperation council countries. It means countries in the middle east. I hope you can give me advice as i am really bothered right now. Also i need to know if diane 35 can help me get rid of unwanted pregnancy...

I just answered your question, but I didn't realize that your period started August 17. We always refer to periods by the first day.

With a period August 17 and intercourse on August 26, pregnancy is still not likely, but it is possible. EC is probably a good idea. Hopefully you'll be able to find one of the pills in the list I sent you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doc what is EC? What will i do now? How will i prevent pregnancy? Is diane 35 can be helpful?

You've posted your question twice, and I answered the other post about EC, which is emergency contraception. Here is my other answer:

Diane 35 is not one of the recommended pills.

Birth control pills that are recommended for EC mostly have levonorgestrel for the progesterone. Diane 35 has cytoproterone. The problem is that cytoproterone has not been studied for EC. Although it might work, no one knows the correct dosage.

For most birth control pills used for EC, it's recommended to take 4 pills now and repeat in 12 hours. You can see a list of EC pills here http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/dose.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the problem is im in qatar right now and EC is banned here. :( i'm really bothered because im getting weird feeling in my tummy just today. Is it possible that just two days after the intercourse there could be symptoms of pregnancy already?

No. Any feelings in your tummy now cannot be from pregnancy, since even if you were to get pregnant, the egg is still in the tube and can't affect how you feel.

If there are other birth control pills available in Qatar, perhaps you could get them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks dr. 4pills today then 4pills after 12 hrs. And then i will stop taking pills or still continue? How many hours and how many shall i take after that?

Then stop taking pills.