Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have a question: Mu husband has genital warts. And I am

Customer Question

Hello I have a question: Mu husband has genital warts. And I am afraid I got them also now. Please view my picture. Are those bumps on the left top genital warts? Can I use SOMXL to remove them? Do I have the virus now? I am with my husband for almost
7 years and never cheated. The first time I saw a wart was 3 years ago on my husband near the balls and now they grow in clusters. Does this mean he cheated on me or that the virus is able to lie dormant for years? Is it also possible that I gave them to him?
He says he did not have them until he was with me. But he got them 3 years after our marriage. I did have dysplasia leep a year after my son was born. I hope to hear from you soon! Does it also mean that when he has them now I am able to get them faster when
we have sex? Do I have to wait to have sex with him until he removes them? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

1. The bumps in the picture look like warts. 2. you can use somoxyl. there are other more effective treatments. 3. The incubation period of genital warts is around 3 months. Either you or he acquired them close to the time they appeared. They are not due to the Same virus that causes dysplasia. 4. If he has them you are already exposed. So it doesn't matter if you keep having sex. You both need treatment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what are the other treatments? When we have the treatment do we need to stop having sex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can these warts also cause cancer?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

The best treatment is prescription Aldara lotion. Yes you need to avoids ex during treatment. You can also have them burned off with acid or laser. Yes the can cause Cancer if left untreated

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much doctor. I went to my doctor and she checked it out and it seems like its just my skin texture. She did not give me any lotion. She did give me lotion for my husband.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Good news