Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

My husband and i have been trying to get pregnant. .i have

Customer Question

my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant. .i have two daughters already that are 8 years apart and ive not had any pregnancies other than that. I've used the daily ovulation tests and it seems that I'm never showing as being fertile. We've
tried for 7 years and ive not been on birth control since 2004. We have taken my temp daily and tried everything that we could find but i just can't seem to conceive. We have wonderful insurance but they don't cover infertility issues and to be honest i don't
know what else to tell my primary because i don't know if I'm not able to conceive or why I've not been able to this far. I'm 32 and have regular monthly periods. What could some possible causes be and is there any thing i could try. Thanks!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Are your two daughters with your husband or another partner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two different father's. My oldest i had at 18,and then my youngest at 26.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

So you never had a child with your current partner? He needs a semen analysis. 50% of infertility is male. It's likely that he is the one with the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was married to my younger daughters father for 7 years and we tried and tried also but Khloe was the only baby. Both C section deliveries. .the first was an emergency second one planned. I don't know the details just that with my first I was in labor for 2 days and my midwife said i wasn't dilating. .she could open me a few cm but i closed back up. Then my daughters heart rate was dropping so I was sent to the hospital . My second daughter was a C section also, same issues with dilating but no other issues other than it took over 2hr because of the scar tissue from my first of any of this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this something we can request from our primary
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Your primary md can request a semen analysis from the lab at the hospital.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there some similar type of analysis that i should be requesting..I'm not sure how this works..
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea what you are asking. Similar analysis? No. It's called a semen analysis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean is there any testing that i should be requesting for me
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

No not now. You have two children. I'm assuming he has none. There's no point in getting invasive testing done on yourself when it's very clear that he may have issues.