Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Dr K. Can I ask some new questions?

Customer Question

Hi again Dr K. Can I ask some new questions?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

You can always ask a question. I won't be back online for a few hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. I spoke to the fertility clinic that I visited with in February to clarify information. When they did the ultrasound that day they say 6-7 follicles on one ovary and 8-9 on the other. What does this mean? Is that a good number for my age? She told me the reason they are saying that I am a candidate for Natural Cycle and Stimulated IVF is based on my blood work and that ultrasound, plus they want me to have a water sonogram and an HSG test.I am just wondering what you think about that information. Does it change anything?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

It means that your chances aren't zero. :(

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still 2%?
because from what I recall he said success rate was like 25%. I may not be recalling correctly.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Overall at your age the success rate is 2 percent. Nowhere near 25% at your age. With a normal amh and good follicles maybe higher but not 25 percent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Sounds like Ivf would be a waste of money and time for me no matter - more heartache and dashed hopes.
And since I am not interested in donor eggs, it looks like I'm out of options......Thanks for your help and time.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's ok. We have it a gallant effort and definitely cannot say we didn't try. But two miscarriages later, and 1000 opks and pregnancy tests later, several discussions with my "online" doctors here, and my doctors here - it gets exhausting after a while especially since the outcome is not what you want.I actually just sent another question though but happy to ask you too if you want to entertain......
I will attach a picture of my very last opk I had which I took this morning. Had one left. Interestingly, the line is quite dark 5 days before my period. Usually after ovulation the line is barely visible. Does this give any insight into my situation. I know it's a negative test it's just darker than I've seen it after ovulation. Normally that's what it looks like the day before it turns positive....
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

The opk means nothing at all when you continue to do it. It's useful to detect the surge. There's no reason to keep doing it. It means nothing.