Dr Leah Benson
Dr Leah Benson,
Experience:  OB Hospitalist at Allina Health
78045763

I took Tylenol 3 night and now I'm constipated. But, I've

Customer Question

I took Tylenol 3 for one night and now I'm constipated. But, I've had trouble with bowel movement for years. I'm drinking plenty of water and eating plenty of fiber.
Are saying that a person can take Miramax and milk of magnesia at the same time? Also, at what point (how long constipated) should you go to the hospital er for constipation?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Leah Benson replied 1 year ago.

When was your last bowel movement? I would start with daily Miralax until you have results. There is no specific time frame for going to the doctor for constipation as some people only have BMs every 1-2 weeks as their norm. If you are having pain that is not tolerable, then you should be evaluated. I would start at a clinic visit, though. I would not go to the hospital right away.