Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I have a quick question. I've recently become sexually

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have a quick question. I've recently become sexually active again but I use protection. I usually get a small bump on my outer lip down there around the time of my period. And it gets sore. This time it's not as big but I noticed I have one and I'm dark skinned and it's a pinkish color. It doesn't hurt or anything it's there. I'm also prone to gettin boles there and under my arms as well.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
Such pinkish small bump, could be related with Folliculitis.
It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.
Most likely, this is not related with herpes or any other serious STD. No need to get panic.
It could also be inflamed cyst.
It is a quite common issue, and usually would get resolve with home measures.
To treat this condition, You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.
Also, keep the area clean with anti-bacterial soap such as Dial soap.
You can take Tylenol for associated pain and inflammation, it can be taken twice a day.
You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.
You should not share your towels or washcloths, and launder them in plenty of hot, soapy water after every use.
Usually such symptoms will get resolve in a week by these tips.
For peace of mind, please do get clinically examined from your doctor.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business