Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Have had nonstop bleeding weeks. Disappeared days and back

Customer Question

Have had nonstop bleeding for two weeks. Disappeared for ten days and back now for another tendays. Initial bleeding light to medium spotting -didnt need to use a tampon-now it is the same flow as my normal period.My blood tests came back normal for my hormones-am soon turning fifty and was hoping it was perimenapause. All in all been going on for well over a month with not much letup. Seeing gynae today for all the scans etc even tho I'm still bleeding-will he be able to do these tests? What could be causing this. I am getting very worried
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

How regular have your periods been in the past 6 months?

Did this period come when expected?

Do you use anything for birth control? Thank you.