Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I had an abscess on my anal opening last September that

Customer Question

I had an abscess on my anal opening last September that broke and was treated. It has not healed totally and still drains with bleeding, pain and itching. Is it time to see a specialist?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
It sounds to be related with Anal abscess. It is build-up of pus in the rectum and anus.
It is usually treated with a procedure to drain infected fluid away from the abscess, it is called as incision and drainage procedure.
Also a course of antibiotics should be prescribed by doctor. Strong anti-inflammatory medications, should also be prescribed.
In case, If the pus collection is deep, then you may need to stay in the hospital until the abscess has completely drained.
Also, warm sitz baths (sitting in a tub of warm water) would be helpful.
Please don't delay and see your doctor at the earliest.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business