Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

28 years old. 3 kids 2 miscarriages. Period always been 34

Customer Question

28 years old. 3 kids 2 miscarriages. Period always been 34 days. Decided to have baby 4 6 months ago and now periods are 42-45 days apart for last 3 periods. Currently period is 7 days late. July 8th. Negative HPT. Experiancing food aversions vomiting dizziness headaches extreme fatigue. Called to make an appt with OB but can't get in for 2 weeks. What the heck is going on. I feel terrible almost can't function. Cold sweats hot flashes. Please help..
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Your negative pregnancy test tells us that your symptoms are not due to pregnancy.
I believe that what is happening is that you didn't ovulate this month. With your irregular periods, that's probably not unusual for you.
When a woman doesn't ovulate, her ovaries can keep getting stimulated, which can cause many of the symptoms of pregnancy, such as you're having.
Since you wish to become pregnant, I would see your doctor for help with ovulating. Your prolonged periods suggest that you don't ovulate much, and that's fairly easy to treat. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long should I keep throwing up and things before I go into doctor? Is there anymore severe symptoms that would warrant me to go in immediately?
Whether to see a doctor depends on how bad you're feeling.
Assuming that the vomiting is due to high estrogen levels, all the doctor can do is to give you anti nausea medication.
If the vomiting might be due to food poisoning or something else, the doctor would still probably give you anti nausea medication.
If you're feeling miserable, better to see your doctor for help.