DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I recently had sex with my boyfriend and, after he

Customer Question

I recently had sex with my boyfriend and, after he ejaculated, I noticed some white liquid at the base of my vagina. The condom looked like it was secure (with the semen collected at the tip) but I was confused since the liquid on/in me looked a lot like sperm. Is there any way that the sperm somehow spilled out of the end of the condom? Should I be worried about becoming pregnant? It's worth noting that I am on the nuvaring as well, but kept the ring in a few days longer than normal so I hope that didn't change it's effectiveness. It's also very possible that the discharge was from myself, but I had just never noticed it before. This was two days ago and I'm still worried and contemplating emergency contraception (although I've heard the side effects are awful, so I'd like to avoid it if I can). Am I overreacting? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Condoms alone are only about 80% effective, at best, ***** ***** pregnancy.
I would be suspicious of any white liquid.
I can not tell you what is was, but there could have been a slip up.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.