Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I took 2 clindamycin last tues and started having diarrhea

Customer Question

I took 2 clindamycin last tues and started having diarrhea on Wednesday that I still have but not a bad
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the beginning I would sit on the toilet and immediately pass diarrhea. I was afraid to go anywhere. Now, I sit and go and its a green, kinda fuzzy, loose stool. Am I getting better?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is disgusting..No phone response either
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry. I don't do phone service. It sounds like you may have a bowel infection. It may be caused by clostridium difficile. This can be identified with a stool culture. You will need a prescription by a dr to clear it up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But am I improving since I am not running to the bathroom anymore and the stool is a bit more normal. Its fuzzy of loose green pieces as opposed to very very loose small soupy pieces
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Often it will resolve on its own with no treatment. You are safe to wait if it seems to be resolving.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its still a bit looser but it has turned back to brown after being green for a week. Does this indicate anything good?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still has a shredded look to it and I don't feel perfect but I don't know how long this takes
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The color change is good