Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I was taking birth control pills 2 months. Me and my husband

Customer Question

I was taking birth control pills for about 2 months. Me and my husband decided we want to have a baby. I stopped the pills midway through and 3 days later I started bleeding. Is this considered a period. And what would be my ovulation a days so we can try to conceive. The bleeding started August 5
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
The bleeding is considered withdrawal bleeding from going off the pill.
It's usually not possible to predict your ovulation day after stopping the pill, since ovulation is often delayed after stopping the pill.
It's usually best to not try to predict ovulation until you've had a normal period 4-6 weeks after stopping the pill.
Since your next period will likely be late, don't confuse that with being pregnant. If you get pregnant before you've had a normal period, that's fine, but it's not advisable to try to predict when you might ovulate.