Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I'm supposed to get my period in 9 days but past 2 weeks

Customer Question

I'm supposed to get my period in 9 days but for the past 2 weeks i've been very nauseous especially after i eat and i've been getting headaches and extremely tired. i also noticed that my areolas are darker and very sensitive and my boobs feel heavy my stomach also just feels weird like not normal its been 3 years since i had my son and i don't remember anything about my symptoms besides cigarettes made me sick smoking them and even the smell and i've been experiencing that as well along with certain smells making me sick. should i wait the 9 days to see if i get my period or take a test asap?? please help!!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

You cannot have pregnancy symptoms this early in your cycle. If your last period was not a real period and you are actually pregnant, you may be having symptoms. A pregnancy test is easy and cheap I am not sure why you would wait or what the benefit of waiting would be if tehre is any question at all.