Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have most pregnancy symptoms nausea back ache cramping my

Customer Question

I have most pregnancy symptoms nausea back ache cramping my boobs have been tender over two months and have veins over them i had negative tests and also had a beta hcg test yesterday and result was 1.0..im told its negative but why are my symptoms there ? I had a period 24/06/15 then pink period 17/07/15 im really confused im eating more and peeing more often sent urine test for infection but was clear
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30 years of experience. I can help you today.

The pregnancy tests are accurate so the symptoms aren't due to a pregnancy.

Elevations in prolactin hormone can cause breast tenderness and other symptoms. Prolactin is a hormone made in a small gland in the brain. There may be other hormonal disturbances or even changes in diet and exercise that can bring on such symptoms.

If you haven't had any testing done other than the urine checks for infection, then it's time to revisit with the gynecologist and get some additional testing blood work. It's also possible that a pelvic ultrasound could shed some light on what is going on. A tumor or mass of the uterus or ovaries can cause backache, urinary frequency and nausea. SO the bot***** *****ne is that more testing is needed to figure out why you are having these bothersome symptoms.

I hope this was helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add more details.