Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

Just wondering if it is possible to be pregnant if I had my

Customer Question

just wondering if it is possible to be pregnant if I had my period a few days after? cause it does not feel like a regular period~
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Well it is possible to be pregnant and typically may have some slight or lighter bleeding due to implantation...

If your circumstances of sexual activity and birth control methods could allow for pregnancy then definitely TEST to see if you may be pregnant..

I hope that this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions or concerns. I will be happy to get back with you!

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hmm ok..I am not on the pill and no protection was used..the guy said he wasn't going all the way in, but I don't know that does not make sense to me~ but I have had no menstrual cramps during this period and the back was really soar at first~ this is not my usual~ It does not seem lighter , and if anything the blood seems darker. What do you think?

Hello again,

Well it sounds that you had your menstrual cycle in the expected time frame. Therefore it sounds that you are not pregnant.

The character of menstrual cycles may vary in terms of lighter/ darker--- more or fewer clots passed--- more cramps or fewer...these to me are not so meaningful.

In my experience if an unusually light period should occur then implant bleeding can be mistaken for a menstrual bleed...

You may in the future want to plan as to trying to get pregnant or not....you sound perhaps on the fence?? If not using birth control as you describe it I would not count what you describe as effective birth control --- ??

I hope that this is helpful and makes sense! Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you. Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD