Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I had a medical abortion at 6 weeks, 5... I had a medical

Customer Question

I had a medical abortion at 6 weeks, 5... I had a medical abortion at 6 weeks, 5 days on July 1st. Thats almost 5.5 weeks ago. I had severe hemorrhaging also which caused my Hemoglobin level to drop to 7.1 two weeks after. I have been on iron supplements
ever since that happened. I was rechecked last week and my hemoglobin came back up to 9-10. I am feeling much better. I had sex 10 days after the procedure, 19 days, 30 days, 31 days. I have had positive pregnancy tests. I have been having light bleeding almost
every time I use the restroom but I have had nothing in my panties, no need for maxi pads/tampons. It looks sort of like light pinkish red flakes that sink to the bottom of the toilet. What are the chances of me being pregnant again?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

When did you have the pregnancy tests?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told that they can show positive up to 6 weeks after. I took one 3 weeks after and it was positive, I took one yesterday and it was a faint positive.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

While the test is positive, you can't be pregnant. After the test becomes negative, you should have sex to become pregnant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After a medical abortion, how long can bleeding continue? (Light bleeding)