Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I had not had intercourse in 2 months. I did with my partner

Customer Question

I had not had intercourse in 2 months. I did with my partner unprotected 3 days in a row. I was a bit dry and used ky only once. It's been 3 days since. I've had BV in the past. I'm on fire! Hurts to even touch. I noticed redness, some swelling. Very minimal discharge today. No odor. I noticed today 2 teeny tiny white blisters on the outside of my inner lip. Sore to touch. Never had before. No std dx in the past. Can bv cause this, tough somewhat dry sex cause some blistering? I'm terrified! Tx
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

Dry sex can cause minor trauma to the vaginal walls leading to acute inflammation. Possibly this is what is occurring in you. The risk of an infection setting in the cracks in the vaginal walls is high. Possibly some amount of infection has already started since you are very sore

Please consult a doctor for a checkup and antibiotics. meanwhile, please apply a cold pack to the vulva for 10 minutes twice a day. Use a vaginal soothing gel like vagisil (this is an anti-itch cream but will work for you too) or Rephresh vaginal gel. take ibuprofen 200mg tablets twice a day. You can also apply a local anesthetic like Lignocaine gel for temporary relief.

But do contact a doctor for a checkup.

Please click n a positive rating to leave feedback