Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

My husband and I have been trying to conceive months now.

Customer Question

Hi. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for three months now. Last month I got pregnant but it ended in a chemical. This month we tried again and yesterday I was due for my period (it is almost always 28 days) and all I got was one pad with some brown discharge, this was the same day my period was due. I believe I ovulated on July 17 and 18. What could this be? I do not have irregular periods and this morning I have nothing. I also had all the cramps and back pain associated with my period but now they went away.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

What findings do you have from your doctor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't talk to him yet, that is why I am speaking with you

OK
so that could be implantation bleeding.
If you just conceived.
You would need a pregnancy test to see.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it would be 14 days after ovulation, isn't that too late for implantation bleeding?

No
It is not exact.
Ovulation is a guess, plus or minus 5 or more days.
It is still possible.
See your doctor.
It can be for other reasons, such as hormonal imbalance, but pregnancy needs to be ruled out.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.