Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I had a few questions about a std's. First, can the hpv

Customer Question

Hello, I had a few questions about a std's. First, can the hpv vaccine affect HIV OR HEP C tests?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

No The hpv vaccine has nothing at all to do with HIV or Hep C. No vaccines alter those test results in any way

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the phone request was an accident
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, if a friend sat on my leg for a few seconds and was wearing very very short dress and I felt skin on my leg (maybe her vagina touching my leg) I'm not sure if she was wearing underwear but probably.
This was nothing sexual at all, but is there any chance I could get and stds -chlamyda, gonorrhea, or genital herpes etc if her skin touched my leg like that!?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wearing a short dress too so she sat on my bare leg
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

You cannot acquire an std unless you have intimate/sexual contact. A sexuallly transmitted disease occurs in the genital area, not your leg. No

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. One more question- if you got a hep c test and the. Result was negative and said s/co ratio <0.1, should any future tests all have the same ratio if negative? Like if another future test said <0.3 could there be something wrong? Negative range is <0.8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. One more question- if you got a hep c test and the. Result was negative and said s/co ratio was <0.1, should all future tests also be that number? What if a future test said <0.3? Could that mean a problem? Neg range is <0.8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
<0.1 should all future tests be < 0.1? What if a future one said <0.3?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I don't know if the question is going through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for a hep c test / if it was negative and the s/co ratio was <0.1, should all future tests be that same number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for a hep c test / if it was negative and the s/co ratio was <0.1
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

There is no such result as less than 0.3. It will be <0.1 (negative) or it will be positive. If it's <0.3. It means nothin, still negative.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, but is there a reason that it could fluctuate between <0.1 and < 0.3? Why would the numbers be different at different times of testinf?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think ive read about people getting a result of <0.3 or <0.4
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Different labs, different reference ranges

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you- last question-If someone got a papercut and immediately after shook my hand is there a chance to transfer hiv or hepatitis to me this way?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

no not at all

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for that again. Even if they noticed some blood on their small cut?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

no never Stds and hepatitis do not getted passed thru trivial contact like that.