Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My vagina itches me very often 3 days now

Customer Question

my vagina itches me very often for about 3 days now
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry that you're having itching. That can be caused by various things. If there is a thick white cheesy discharge it could be a yeast infection. In that case, an over the counter yeast medicine such as Monistat or Terazol can help. That medication can be found at any drugstore or pharmacy. There are other causes of itching such as bacterial and other infections, skin conditions such as eczema and contact dermatitis. So what you have going on really depends on more details, type of discharge if any, whether recent new sex partners, when was last STI testing, etc.

Please reply if you'd like to add more details. I hope this was helpful.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I was just checking in to see if you've tried the over the counter yeast medication and are feeling better by now. Any further questions?
If none, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.