Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had a miscarriage about 7 months ago when I started to

Customer Question

I had a miscarriage about 7 months ago when I started to bleed and the ultrasound failed to show a heartbeat and the baby should have been measuring 10 weeks but only measure 8 weeks 6 days ... I just found out I am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant. I am scared of miscarry in again I have had two live births 2 abortions and 2 miscarriage this makes my 7th pregnant and I just turned 33. What is the likely hood of me miscarry in again as the Dr could not give me a reason why the heart stopped in my last pregnancy
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Many times the cause of an intrauterine fetal death is never discovered.
I am glad to hear that you have two children as this tells me that it is, indeed, possible for you to go full term.
So. What should you do?
First of all, try not to worry. I know, easier said than done...
Second, follow all the advice your OB/GYN doc tells you concerning what you should do and not do during this pregnancy. Also, if you are worried at any time over the next 9 months, do not hesitate to pick up the phone and talk to your OB doc. I'm sure she won't mind.
Third, do not believe or -- Gasp! -- follow any of the "advice" that the Evil Dr. Google has to offer. Your trusted and well-educated OB/GYN doctor is your best source of what to do in order to have the best outcome for this pregnancy.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
PS: Congrats! :)