Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

The message above speaks of decreasing the frequency of

Customer Question

The message above speaks of decreasing the frequency of application and stopping on the 5th day. Are we speaking of only the Estrogen2-1.0/mlcrm #3 crm having already stopped the Progesterone P4-20mg/0.1mlcrm #3ml?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

Could you post the message here please? And your dosing schedule?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to stop using the Hormones altogether. I've taken them for over 8 years using the regular dosing schedule and am at the start of a new schedule of (2 lines Estrogen for 5 days followed followed by 3 lines for 5 days etc).

Yes, you can stop the hormones - but you will need to taper off the estrogen gradually. If you are on 3 lines daily now, you can go back to 2 lines for 5 days from tomorrow. then one line daily for another 5 days and then stop. You may get a little spotting or mild bleeding after about 4-5 days of stopping the estrogen, butthis will be very mild and will clear up spontaneously in about 2-3 days.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback