Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My daughter is 12 weeks pregnant with her first child. She

Customer Question

my daughter is 12 weeks pregnant with her first child. She has been very sick -bedridden- since the earliest weeks. She is on prescription medication for severe nausea. Also, I am concerned about her extreme weakness. She calls me many days crying because she can hardly get through a daily shower. Midwife ran blood test and sent her to an endrocronologist for low thyroid. It took several weeks to see him. He retested and said her thyroid was still below normal , but did not treat her because "it was going in the right direction." She has been eating healthy foods, but also craving salty - potato chips, pretzels.
It this because of needing iodine? Today she tried going for a walk. After 15 minutes she had to sit on the lawn for 45 minutes and was afraid she couldn't make it home. Next month she will first see her OBGYN. I do not think she should be under the care of a midwife. Please give me your thoughts>
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidiodine deficiency is really not seen in the USA what is her TSH level for her thyroidif she is vomiting alot, she could be low in potassium or sodium in her blood streamthat could be why she is craving salt.I hope she has had blood test to check her potassium and sodium blood levels.