Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Im really unsure of what is happening to my body. I last

Customer Question

Im really unsure of what is happening to my body.
I last had my period on the 27th of june.
Then ovulated around the 12th of july
Due for my next period 24th it didnt come
But on the 25th i used a cotton tip in my vagina and it was light brown/pink my first thought was implantation bleeding except it wasnt actually "bleeding" it was just in there it only started spotting yesterday 29th.
Nothing like my period still light brown and pink. All pregnancy tests are coming up negative that i have done its stressing me out as my period is never later than a day.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering can implantation discharge stay in the vagina for a few days before releasing i have other symptoms of preg***** *****ke tender breasts,tired,emotional just the negative tests are stressing e as i still dont have my actual period
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Implantation generally occurs about 7 days after ovulation, so if you had implantation bleeding, it would have occurred about 10 days ago. Bleeding can stay in the vagina for a day or two, but not much more than that.Since your period is late and your pregnancy test is negative, it looks like you didn't ovulate this month. Most women will occasionally not ovulate, often due to stress. When ovulation doesn't occur, it generally causes a missed period plus other symptoms such as tender breasts, fatigue, and emotional changes.Usually things will get back to normal with time. If you have had much stress, I would work on that (exercise, good nutrition, sufficient sleep, etc).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did ovulate around the 12/13th of this month i remember i track my body like clockwork.
Implantation can occur with 6-14 days after conception yes?
2 weeks was the 27th so if the blood can stay in the vagina for one to two days then that would possibly bring it up to yesterday when it started so potentially could be pregnant but a test wont show up positive till upto 6 days after implantation?
How do you know that you ovulated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I track mu body like clock work.
Basal body temp and ovulation kits daily from the 7th till the 11th which stated was at high fertility then on the 12th and 13th i didnt do tests ran out but had eqq white cervical mucus...i have that every month. We have been trying to get pregnant for many months had a misccarige in march at 6 weeks preg. But could i possibly not be ovulating even if cervical mucus is present and seems active like the equivelent of a man having blank sperm?I did find it strange that for the 7 days leading up to estimated ovulation day that it was high fertility not peaking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before becoming preg in january we were trying for 18 months to concieve
It is possible that you had egg white mucus but did not ovulate.If you had ovulated, then your period should have started by 14 days later, or you would be pregnant.Implantation usually occurs 6-8 days after ovulation, but perhaps can be as much as 12 days after. So I guess there is a slight chance that you got pregnant, implanted late, and haven't had a positive pregnancy test yet. My bet is that you didn't ovulate.In any case, with regular ovulation and tracking like you do, there must be some other problem, since it took you 18 months to get pregnant. I hope you've seen your doctor about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have pcos.
Could it possible to have normal period every month but still have anovulation?
Trying to work pcos out naturally.
Thanks
There are many aspects to PCOS, but the basic problem is not ovulating much. Having very regular periods makes the diagnosis suspect.It is possible to have regular periods and not be ovulating, but it would be unusual.The way to be sure if you're ovulating would be to do a blood progesterone test 1 week before the next period. It's also possible to track ovulation with ultrasounds, but that requires doing an ultrasound both before and after ovulation.