DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

My period was suppose to end yesterday but it didn't. my period

Customer Question

my period was suppose to end yesterday but it didn't. my period lasts for 5 days. every time i wipe of check my pantie liner there's a small section of dark or light blood. when i wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning sometimes there is little light spotting (hard to see actually). I took the morning after pill on Wednesday and i'm just wondering if this is normal or should i be worried.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.
helloThis is expected as you taken morning after pill.Because there is some hormonal imbalance and this type of unexpected spotting or bleeding is quite normal.Wait for few days and if it does not go away you have to take progesterone to stop this bleeding Thank you