Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I'm no longer feeling vaginal penetration since having my

Customer Question

I'm no longer feeling vaginal penetration since having my son.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30 years experience. I can help you today. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with sensations in the vagina. The reason for this is the stretching and weakening of the tissue that occurred during pregnancy and delivery. The best solution is to work with a physical therapist who specializes in "pelvic floor rehabilitation". If you live in a reasonable sized city, there will be physical therapist who do this type of work. They would examine you to figure out which vaginal wall and pelvic floor muscles have weakened and are stretched and if there is any loss of nerve sensation. They then use biofeedback techniques to help you with exercises to rebuild the strength and tighten the muscles of the vaginal walls and pelvic floor. Most women get very good results with such treatment. I hope this information is reassuring and helpful. Let me know if you have any questions or need more details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.