Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is ambient also used relief.

Customer Question

Is ambient also used for panic relief.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
No, not really. It is a short acting drug, which is good for trying to help someone sleep, but not as optimal for relief of panic or anxiety. It is also dosed at a strength to facilitate sleep, whereas most people seeking treatment for panic want to have relief of the panic without inducing sleep.
The only exception would be when panic is interfering with sleep. Some people are able to control their symptoms during the day with alternative techniques, such as controlled breathing exercises, but are unable to do so when trying to relax and sleep. In these situations, it would be reasonable to use Ambien.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.