Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

My wife is pregnent and she is an overseas student to

Customer Question

my wife is pregnent and she is an overseas student to australia. Her ohsc do not cover pregnancy and she required a sisserion
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
What is your question? What area of australia? What university? What is ohsc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My girl friend is coming to Australia to study on a 573 visa. It is the requirement that she should carry an insurance for her duration of her stay here in Australia as student. So we took OHSC(overseas students health cover). In this cover there is 12 months waiting period. We long time friends, we are thinking of a baby, so how can we include the gyn into insurance.She require a sesarean as she had cesarean in her first pregnancy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, In case, if I cannot find another insurance, how much will it cost without insurance cover?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
You need to choose a health insurance that covers maternity. This one covers it as long as you are not pregnant when the plan starts. There is no 12 month waiting period. http://www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/blog/2011/08/pregnancy-insurance-for-international-student.html
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Cost varies widely depending on hospital. I would not recommend that route. You will not be able to afford it as a student.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer is incorrect or biased.My question, what should I do now? Do not give your commercial crap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You, doctors in Australia do not know, the possibility of me doing outside Australia nor you do not know how much I can afford?