Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had sex on July 8th and with another guy on July 12th , the

Customer Question

I had sex on July 8th and with another guy on July 12th , the July 8th guy was only a one time thing and the July 12th guy , he came in me 3 times within the same day and we just had sex again on July 19th and he came in me also. Who can be the dad ? My last menstrual was June 23rd. I was expected to come on July 21st and I still haven't yet. Help please.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Have you already done a pregnancy test?
I had asked whether you have already done a pregnancy test and have not heard back. If everything remained on schedule, then an expected next period on July 21st would indicate that you would have ovulated on July 7th. So, if everything was on schedule, then the sexual encounter with the man on July 8th would be the father. If you have already had a positive pregnancy test, then that would support that everything is on schedule, which is why I asked for that information. It is possible, though, that ovulation can be delayed. Some women have more irregular periods, so the ovulation could be delayed because of this irregularity. In a woman with a history of more regular periods, it is still possible that ovulation could be delayed in a given month, and the most common reason is a non-specific response to stress, either physical or emotional stress. If ovulation was delayed by 5-7 days, then that would make it more likely that the sexual encounter with the second man could result in pregnancy and the second man could be the father. However, if ovulation was delayed by 5-7 days, then the period would not be expected until July 26th - July 28th, so you are not yet late. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.