Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Quick question. I had my last period June 24th. My cycles

Customer Question

Hi! Quick question. I had my last period June 24th. My cycles have been consistently between 23-25 days. I get a side pain during ovulation (cheaper than those sticks; and how we've conceived all my other babies) and we had sex that day and 3 days after. Very symptomatic, started getting faint positives on July 18 and continued to show more quickly on tests, but never dark. Digital tests I'm still testing negative. I am bleeding today, July 22 and my husband And I had sex last night. I'm just wondering what your opinion would be. Is it my cycle? Could I be pregnant? Implantation bleeding on day 29 of my cycle? Irritation from sex? We are leaving on a family vacation today and am curious what your thoughts are. Thank you in advance.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Unless you're not reading the test right, faint positives usually mean that you're pregnant. If so, then it looks like a miscarriage is likely. With a good pregnancy, faint positives should turn into strong positives in a day or so. So I suspect that the bleeding is the first stage of a miscarriage. Time will tell. If you wish to be sure, your doctor could do a blood test for hcg. If it shows that you're pregnant but with a low level of hcg, that generally means a miscarriage. I'm sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So could my results showing up more quickly and more definitive be them getting darker? Just reaching for anything....today was the darkest I've had when I noticed my bleeding.
If your tests are getting darker, that's positive for a possible normal pregnancy. However, the bleeding is still somewhat worrisome.If you're getting a positive test on a digital test, that would be good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. It is appreciated
You're welcome.