Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Fsh 102, age 29, after receiving gamaglobulin therapy had menstruation

Customer Question

fsh 102, age 29, after receiving gamaglobulin therapy had menstruation 2 times every 2 months..you think there is chance in getting pregnant in future if I continue gamaglobulin therapy? before that did not have menzes almost 10 years (survived lymphoma 10 years ago). For the pas 10 years I have constant dhiarreas, IBD never proven but with imunoglobulin therapy it got better..
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.11.2014. fsh 102 lh 70 e2 33 (hormones 2 weeks after finishing medrol therapy for trombocitopenia that lasted for 2 months). After that did not receive any therapy for 3 months and then started receiving Gamaglobulin therapy IVIG for possible IBD ( had dhiarreas for 10 years, chrons, celiac or colitis were never confirmed by all possible tests...IBS is formal diagnosis although dr agrees it is some sorth of autoimmune disorder since medrol stops dhiarreas instantly. howerer I have serous side effects so they belive IVIG is better option) Sice there is no diagnosis or cure IVIG is administered every 2 months because it helps a lot with dhiarreas and boosts my immune system. Also in 2006 had DLBCL lymphoma, it has been in remission after 8 chemo R CHOP.
In past 10 years had menzes spontaously only two times 8 years ago. When using contraceptic pills hormones were normal as well as menzes...14.02.2015. - 45 days after receiving first Gamaglobulin therapy I had menzes and then again 01.05.2015. This got my hopes up that there might be chance for me to have baby? What do you think? I will continue with gamaglobulin therapy..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what is the link between gamaglobulin and my periods - is it possible I have some other autoimune disorder attacking ovaries and now this is under control thanks to gamablobulin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not take hormon replacement therapy ever, Stopped taking contraceptive pills a year ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, on last check up dr said he sees some follicules but I am not sure what he ment..If there were no follicules would he see that.. never did AMH
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since I have a lot od diseases here is the summary, hope it is helpful:
2006 non hodgkin lymphoma, after 8 r chop chemo remission ever since
2004-2015 - dhiarreas all the time, IBS - numerous biopsies, colonoskopies never confirmed IBD! therefore until imunoglobulin therapy never receiver treatment for it since 2006. Doctors agreed it was better not to treat it because of side effects of therapies .. they claim dhiarreas were functional since my blood was fine all this time
August 2014 - after respiratory infection bruises and petechia - paletal count at 0!! Medrol was administered, within 3 days paletal count was back to normal and was normal 350 ever since. Medrol was stopped 2 months later in October 2014.
November 2014 hormones bad - fsh 102
January 2015 first gamaglobulin therapy for dhiarreas - condition improveed rapidaly, dhiarras are much better now as well as my immune system, got my period 14.02. and again 01.05.
As for periods: finished chemo in 2007 th, 5 month after that spontanous perios and again 3 month after that ( dhiarrias were not present because chemo contained medrol as one of drugs, so dhiarreas were fine for one year. After dhiarreas were back ,period never showed up spontanously until february 2015th...Took contraceptive pills for years but always had to take dubhaston to get period..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So basically I thought I was in premature menapause for years and could not concieve and now I got my hopes up..Hoping that gamaglobulin therapy can help me get pregnant..I have been desperate for 10 years because of all of these conditions..Is there any chance fsh looked so bad because of medrol therapy? maybe I do have some chances now?maybe there are some follicules left and they will function now with therapy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also never used hormon replacement therapy - maybe now would be a good time to start?I read it helpd some women with high fsh to get pregnant Have not been taking contraceptive pills for year..
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am not sure why you are getting gamma g?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well it is more as experiment for the bad immune system - I am prone to infections and complication last year was trombocitopenia..Gamaglobulin will prevent this in future and it helps with these chronic dhiarreas - iautoimmune inflamatory diseases were never proven so they think it is because of bad immune system..so thet is how imunologist got the idea It might help prevent complications of infections such as trombocitopenia in future..also it helps with dhiarreas and imune system is much better, do not get infections as easy any more -
OKSo what is your exact question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my globulins iga igg and igm are within normal range but not high due to all therapies I received. They said that normal number does not guaratnee quality
okSo what is your question for us exactly.This is experimental.It does not gaurantee quality because you are only measuring a quantity, not the actual functioning of the proteins. Further questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
questions - is there chance in getting pregnant now? after 10 years of hormons looking like menapause? do you know the connection of gamagloblin with having periods again - they said it was impossible to get it back so ..?is it possible i had some autoimune disorder attacking ovaries that stopped now because of gamaglobulin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no one is clear about this but they spent 10 years convincing me I am n menapause
none of that is born out by any evidence.If your ovaries are not functioning, which appears to be the case, it is not likely that you will get pregnant.A firtility specialist can do further measurements, but both you and your partner would need to be tested.If you are not releasing eggs, then the answer is no.However, you might consider, with the specialist, IVF.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but if I had periods spontanously two times in past 5 months - doesnt that mean I am releasing eggs from time to time?
Yesand that can be inhanced. Once again, if you are not working with a fetility doctor, you are not going to get exact answers.