Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My wife has 4 bumps running from the entrance of her vagina

Customer Question

My wife has 4 bumps running from the entrance of her vagina to deep inside. Should we worry?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** certified Ob-Gyne. I can provide some helpful medical information for you today.
It would be most helpful if you could upload an image using the paperclip icon on the screen. Are the bumps tender or irritate her in any way? Are they soft or firm?
Most multiple bumps in that area are not worrisome and are often blocked glands. But an image would be very helpful.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you not able to get me an image?
If not, if it's a row of bumps in a straight line running from outside to DEEP inside, the most likely thing I think of is a series of Gartners duct cysts.
http://radiopaedia.org/articles/gartner-duct-cyst
These are fairly common cysts that are usually just felt by the gynecologist by accident on exam. They rarely cause any trouble nor do they usually need to be removed. Very rarely they can enlarge enough to cause discomfort during sex in which case they can be drained or excised.
If the bumps are mostly right at the opening, there are other possible diagnosis. They may still be cysts or blocked glands of some type but there are other things in that outer location too such as hymenal ring remnants and HPV. Blocked gland are by far the most common reason for a series of non-painful (or slightly itchy) bumps in the genital area.
I hope this was reassuring and helpful. Let me know if I can clarify anything.