Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I was away in Europe weeks. Got what I thought was

Customer Question

I was away in Europe for two weeks. Got what I thought was UTI. Went to pharmacy and they gave me pills to get me through the burning until I could get home to a doctor. When I got home on wed I took an over the counter test because it seemed like it cleared up... Test came out negative for UTI but I still have a constant pressure like something is in there but won't come out. Urine is clear and burning has subsided but it's an uneasy feeling that's almost like throbbing and doesn't stop whether I have to go to the bathroom or not.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Is an STD possible?
How long since you've had a pelvic infection?
Do you take any medications? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I workout so I take a lot of supplements. Mostly vitamins and egg protein. No prescription meds. Haven't had a UTI in a few years. But get them if I'm in wet bathing suit for periods at a time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have a yeast infection about 2 months ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been married for 9 years...
Sorry for the delay. I'm having some trouble with my computer.
The pressure you're having could be from a number of things, and it will probably require an exam and testing to know.
A urinary infection is unlikely because of the negative test, but is still possible. If an STD is possible, that could be causing your symptoms, and would require testing.
The pressure could also be caused by some prolapse or falling down of the pelvic structures, which can occur with age. That would require an exam to know.
The pressure might come from fibroid tumors, which are common in the uterus during the 40's.
Those are some ideas about what might be causing your symptoms, but an exam and testing would be required. I recommend that you see your doctor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok o will set up appt. thank you
You're welcome.