Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have had painful lower abdominal cramps past

Customer Question

Hello, I have had painful lower abdominal cramps for the past 6 days along with brown spotting that seems to increase. I have on and off felt very hot to the touch as well. I had a low grade fever last night. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and headache and just feeling foggy. It is day 19 of my cycle 25-28 days is the cycle usually. This all started a few days after unprotected sex.
I have a history of UTI's 26/f
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board-certified Ob-gyne with 30 years of experience. I can help you today. I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. The symptoms you describe are "non-specific". That means that they can be due to a wide variety of conditions, anything from stress, genital infection, bowel issues, bladder issues, a viral infection and many others. With a history of UTIs that would be a good place to start, by having the urine checked and making sure that STI testing is up to date. It's also possible that drinking a lot of fluid and resting for the weekend would take care of things. It's also possible that the unprotected sex has made you alert to symptoms that you otherwise wouldn't have noticed. It's way too soon to have any pregnancy symptoms. If you don't want to be pregnant and it's within 120 hours of the event, you can still take a "morning after pill". Please reply with more details.