Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I was just researching hemorrhoids.

Customer Question

I was just researching hemorrhoids.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** certified Ob-Gyne. I can provide some helpful medical information for you today.
Did you have a particular question? Persistent hemorrhoids not responding to at home treatments can sometimes benefit from surgical removal. There are different methods for doing this depending on surgeon preference, experience and equipment available.
The area would need to be examined to see if the home treatments might still work or if there is an additional contributing condition causing discomfort. If it seems purely a matter of a stubborn hemorrhoid, I refer to a surgeon for evaluation and treatment.
Please reply if I can clarify anything.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Any follow-up questions?
If none, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback.