Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have had cysts since puberty. Then last year I had a miscarriage

Customer Question

I have had cysts since puberty. Then last year I had a miscarriage and then I have been having generalised muscle pain over the whole body, recent scan showed sarcoilitis and tarlov cysts
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
The sacroiliitis and Tarlov cyst would not be related to any ovarian cysts. The first treatment that would usually be done in this situation would be the use of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen or naproxen.
If there is persistent symptoms from sacroiliitis, then an injection of steroids into the joint can be considered.
There would need to be correlation of the Tarlov cyst with any symptoms and findings on exam. Tarlov cysts are frequently an incidental finding and is not the cause of any symptoms, and if so, then no specific treatment is necessary. But treatment would be appropriate if it is causing symptoms. When there is another condition present that can also be the cause of symptoms, such as the sacroiliitis, then it may be necessary to treat the other condition to see if there are any residual symptoms caused by the Tarlov cyst.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.