Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have missed my period by a week. I was not too worried about

Customer Question

I have missed my period by a week. I was not too worried about it entirely until I noticed that my breasts were starting to get tender and sore, I was hot and then cold and then hot and so on. Tired a lot more. I have not taken a pregnancy test because I thought it was just off a little. The next day I was getting really bad pains in my lower abdomen, a couple hours later I had noticed that I had started bleeding. It was very light and it has not gotten heavier. Very tissue-ie / clotty I would say? About a day later, a quarter sized sac? came out was completely different color, kind of see through came out... Am I having a miscarriage?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
It sounds like you've had a miscarriage.
If you want to be certain, you could take the sac to your doctor (if you saved it). Or you could do a pregnancy test. It may or may not be positive after a miscarriage is over, but if it's positive, then you know for sure.
Otherwise, it sounds very likely that you've had a miscarriage.