Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I wanted to skip my period. I'm on Ortho Tricyclen and I hear

Customer Question

Hi, I wanted to skip my period. I'm on Ortho Tricyclen and I heard I could go between two packs by taking the white pills from both packs, then moving to the light blue pills from both packs, then to the blue pills in each pack. Will this work ? Could I alternate between three packs instead?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've heard from friend that they've tried to skip their period and ended up with BTB for 3 weeks. What is the best method to avoid spotting?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
That will work It also works to just take the pills continuously and not take the placebo pills. If you are doing this for the first time, yes you could end up with bleeding that is not expected. You can also just add a week of blue pills. This will "waste" one pack but is most effective.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I usually have some spotting when I'm on my blue pills. So I'm kind of worried I'll just end up spotting for two weeks straight..
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
You may. It does not always work.