Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have a pea sized, purple, grayish bump just around my anus.

Customer Question

I have a pea sized, purple, grayish bump just around my anus. Not in it, but very close to it. It doesn't hurt at all. I just barely noticed it a week ago. It hurts a tiny bit and that's only if I push on it very hard. What is it and how can I get rid off it?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.
helloFrom your description it appears to be sentinel piles .It has to be excised by surgery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bump is more grayish, fleshy colored than purple at second glance. Plus, it might be slightly latger than a pea. Is surgery really the only way to treat it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to add that after looking at it, again, that it is, indeed, fleshy colored with a tint of grey. It is also in the shape of a perfect ball and slightly larger than a pea. If I really do need syrgery what type of doctor should I go see? I'm a male, btw.
helloyou must see a surgeon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A surgeon, yes, but I meant a specific doctor who could verify what I have.
a general surgeon can understand the nature of lesion and can advice you accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then, thank you very much. I'll probably have to go get this removed, then. Much appreciated.
okbest of luck