Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I'm on explanon 6 months. Now I'm experiencing all the pregnancy sympto

Customer Question

I'm on explanon for past 6 months. Now I'm experiencing all the pregnancy symptoms: dizziness,bloating, tiredness, light headed, loss of appetite, headaches, cramps. My periods were irregular and now they've stopped compleatly. It's been 2 weeks since I'm experiencing those symptoms but home urine tests came out negative. Can I be pregnant? Is there possibility of false negative test in early pregnancy? Would nexplanon interfere with result? Thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
I'm pretty sure that you're not pregnant. A pregnancy test will generally be positive by the time there are pregnancy symptoms, so I think that your symptoms are due to something other than pregnancy. Nexplanon is also so effective that women rarely get pregnant while using it.
Your symptoms might be caused by stress, hormonal changes, or something else.
I think it would be best that you see your doctor to try to figure out why you have all these symptoms. Best wishes.