Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have been on Yaz years after my second child. For

Customer Question

I have been on Yaz for 12 years after my second child. For many years, I had very short, light periods, about 4 days. A couple years ago they started getting even lighter, and in the past year most often I don't have a period or only a couple days of blood
when wiping or after intercourse when my period is due but no need for a pad or tampon. Several months ago I went off bc and after several weeks finally had a heavy period. I am 34 and also have had a lot of issues with hypothyroid in the past year or two.
I missed several doses of my bc in the last few months and therefore typically abstain from sex. On June 21, my fiance and I had sex three times and I took plan B within 12 hours. I have gained about 80 pounds in the past three years though and I just found
out that it may not work for women who are obese. I started a new pack of bc the next day but only took two before I missed a few days again and so I decided to wait until I got a normal period and restart. Unfortunately, two weeks after taking Plan B, I had
sex again two times one night. The next day I used a g-spot and clit stimulating vibrator and there was red blood on it and when I wiped. Then nothing. Two days later after a bowel movement there was a little heavier blood and I thought I was sts rting my
period, then nothing. No blood with BM since and pg test negative and ovulation tests indicate I am not ovulating. No bleeding or discharge otherwise. But could it be implantation bleeding or something worse? I am also still hypothyroid.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I have no idea when my last pwriod was or was supposed to be bc I usually don't bleed at all and I've screwed up my last few months of pills.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.
If it is implantation, the pregnancy test should be positive. You are not pregnant. The heavy period should be due to hypothyroidism. Your hypothyroidism should be controlled well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are your credentials?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.
I am an Ob & Gyn doctor.