Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have questions about the possible paternity of my baby. I am currently pregnant. I we

Customer Question

Hi I have questions about the possible paternity of my baby. I am currently pregnant. I went to the doctor on 7-5-15 and was told I was 6 weeks and 5 days. I had sex with my boyfriend on june 3rd unprotected with ejaculation and sex with someone else on june 10th with a condom. Are these 2 encounters too close to tell? I have a normal 28 day cycle. I had been on birth control 6 years and this was my first month not starting the pills.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Thanks for asking for me. Because the doctor was so specific, saying 6w5d, it sounds like it was from an ultrasound that he/she determined the gestational age. If so, the most likely range for conception is May 21 to June 6 with peak most likely day being June 3rd. It helps that the someone else was after that because sperm can live for 3-5 days, so if the someone else was before, it would be trickier. Because the sperm could be present several days after. First trimester ultrasounds are the most accurate way of determining conception date. So although these dates are pretty close, because the boyfriend was before it seems highly likely that he is the father. I don't think I can say 100% sure but pretty darn close to that. I hope this was helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Any follow-up questions? I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.
If done, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback.