Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Can u please help me am a nervous wreck and i really some

Customer Question

can u please help me am a nervous wreck and i really some answers. I am 26 week pregnant with my first child. I found out I have posteria placenta previa complete. I am very upset about that. My first question is, is it possible that it might move as i
go on in my pregnancy? Next question is my 1 hour glucose came back at 149 so they wanted me to take the 3 hour one in which i did. I just got the result and they are telling me that I have gestational diabetes. I am extremely upset it feels like everything
is going wrong. Here are my results and please tell me what you think. fasting - 76 1 hour - 186 2 hour - 179 3 hour - 97 i will be waiting for you answer anxiously. Thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes about 90 percent of placenta previa moves, but at 26 weeks this may be less likely. If it does not move, you will need a c section, likely at about 36-37 weeks. This is a totally manageable condition.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
2. Gestational diabetes is common and occurs 15% of the time. Its more common as you get older. It is nothing to be extremely upset about. Your one and two hour values are both abnormal which makes the diagnosis. You will need to start on a proper diet and program of monitoring your blood sugar. Again this is a common complication of pregnancy
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Both of these conditions can be managed by a good general ob gyn. both you and the baby should be fine.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Good luck!