How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 18208
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I wanted to have a baby many years now

Customer Question

My husband and I wanted to have a baby for so many years now but due to my OB GYN told me that I have on going endometreosis and she give me before birth control pills and then instruct me to stop it when we want to have baby which we did follow her instructions. Unfortunately, I am suffering for long time now pain in right pelvic area. My husband and myself, decided to look for second opinion but the Doctor that check my pain and records that I have for my health provider was told me to have surgery cutting one of my ovary and advice that we should adopt baby. I don't want that neither my husband because we want to have a genetically beautiful baby both genes of my husband and I. I would like to go outside my health provider for my husband and I to have our own blood baby. Please advice!
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

The only real option for you at home is to do what your first doctor recommended - stop the birth control pills and engage in unprotected sex to see if you can get pregnant.

If that is ineffective, then it would be necessary to undergo further evaluation to determine exactly how the endometriosis is affecting you, from which it can be decided whether any specific procedure may be able to help you become pregnant. This would need to be done by an Infertility specialist.