Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Am ty, pls am four weeks pregnant and i want to terminate

Customer Question

Hi am ty, pls am four weeks pregnant and i want to terminate which pills can i get over the counter?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Are you able to see a doctor for assistance with an abortion using pills?
Do you have any health problems? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't seen any doctor and i don't have any health problems
My question was, are you able to see a doctor for assistance with a medical abortion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
If possible, it's best to do a medical abortion under the supervision of a physician, so that you know that everything goes well, and so that you can see someone if there are problems.
There are several ways to take pills to cause an abortion. The best is to take mifepristone by mouth, then 36 hours later to take misoprostol by mouth or vagina. After that, you'll get contraction, bleeding, and expel the pregnancy. It may take a few hours or several days. The success rate is well over 90%. It can be done up to 9 weeks of pregnancy.
The pills usually require a prescription. If you're not able to get a prescription, you can get them online through here https://www.womenonweb.org/en/i-need-an-abortion. They will ask some questions, and then send the pills and instructions.