Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Last August I had multiple b9 cells taken out of both breasts.

Customer Question

Hi last August I had multiple b9 cells taken out of both breasts. I went to my breast surgeon in April, she felt no lumps. I just went for a mamo and ultra sound. Mamo came back negative. The ultrasound the radiologoist told me where the scar was underneath the structure did not heal right. I asked her if she thought this was cancer and she said no, just to recheck in 6 months. The radiologist said something about tissue healing in waves. I know she mentioned the word structive, that it was not cancer. have u ever heard of this
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i mean structure
right under the scar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.
What your radiologist meant was that the the tissue under the scar was getting constricted by the scar tissue. The word ' structive' was probably a part of the word constructive.
Sometimes the scar tissue which is essentially a thick fibrous tissue may constrict the normal tissue delaying healing. The constriction can cause the feeling of a lumpy tissue but not a firm lump. This would not turn cancerous.
Nevertheless, anything out of the normal needs a recheck and you do need to get another ultrasound in 6 months to check on the tissue.