Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My cycle length is 28 days long, and my periods

Customer Question

My cycle length is 28 days long, and my periods always come on time. Always.
My last period was Friday, June 12, 2015.
My boyfriend and I had sex on Sunday, June 21st at around 2am. He used the "pull-out method" and ejaculated outside of my vagina. For added precaution, I took the Plan B one step pill that evening at around 9p.
We had sex again on Thursday, June 25th at about 2am. We followed the same precaution. He pulled out at the time of intercourse & later that evening at about 9p, I took the Plan B one step pill.
Lastly, on Sunday June 28th we had intercourse at around 2am, he pulled out and again, I took the plan b one step pill that morning at 11am. How likely am I to be pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
I would say that pregnancy is highly unlikely.
Withdrawal is actually a highly effective method of birth control as long as the guy is able to pull out before any ejaculation. Plan B will decrease any remaining chance of pregnancy by over 90%.
So I would be very surprised if you happened to get pregnant after the above scenario.
However, repeatedly taking Plan B often results in irregular bleeding or causes either a late or early period. It's not recommended to be used as regular birth control for this reason. You may not have such irregular bleeding, but don't be too surprised if you do. Best wishes.